Today, we see a rising need for integrating artificial intelligence into search engines, especially intelligent communications. Companies are now introducing AI-powered chatbots into their search engines to maintain smarter and smoother conversations, thus enhancing user experiences.
After the recent launch of Google’s Bard AI in February 2023, the war of AI-based search engines started afresh. Just minutes after Google revealed its new AI chatbot launch, Microsoft announced it would hold an event at the technology giant’s Redmond headquarters to reveal its own AI chatbot, thus adding fuel to the fire of smart chatbot launches.
What is an AI Chatbot?
An AI chatbot is a computer software that uses technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to evaluate and analyze customer queries and send them automated responses, thus simulating human communication. These smart technologies can understand the specific needs and interests of the end-user or customer, thus generating the best responses that suit their requirements and answer their questions.
Chatbots are super-easy to access and are helpful tools for businesses and customers alike. These AI-powered chatbots can provide customized solutions by analyzing the buying behaviors and search patterns of the buyers. It eliminates the involvement of a human associate, thus saving your business resources.
Benefits of AI Chatbots
Chatbots can help users find their desired information easily and quickly. These intelligent tools also eliminate one’s need to call a customer service executive to learn about something or solve a doubt. Apart from saving time and human resources, here are the top ways chatbot technology can benefit your eCommerce business.
- Businesses can offer high user experiences and improve customer services cost-effectively.
- Increase your revenue through relevant product recommendations and solutions.
- Scale and optimize your support operations by providing 24×7 support without requiring any human agent.
- Users can ask a query through multiple input methods, including text input, voice search (such as Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, or Google’s Assistant), or both.
- Customers can receive proactive guidance and assistance by providing FAQs and interactive menu options on delivery details, registration processes, payments and checkouts, etc.
- Chatbots help businesses to be more transparent with customers, thus strengthening brand perception and customer satisfaction.
- Businesses can use customers’ search queries, buying behaviors, and other client data to make more informed decisions and plan more efficient marketing strategies.
Which is the Best AI Chatbot for Your eCommerce Business?
Now that we know the potential of AI-based chatbots, let’s discuss the top chatbots available today and the benefits they can offer your business. The three names we will discuss today are Bing Ai, Google Bard, and ChatGPT, all of which have their own advantages and capabilities. In the end, we will discuss who wins the chatbot fight.
But before discussing the features and advantages of our top three chatbots, let’s understand what parameters we should keep in mind while choosing a chatbot platform.
- Identify your business goals and define your target audience. Analyze what your customers are looking for and where their interests lie.
- Recognize the specific problem you are determined to solve.
- Choose a chatbot that knows how to interact with your customers and address their concerns aptly.
- Ensure your chatbot platform has speech support and NLP (Natural Language Processing) integration.
- Also, ask for a demo of conversation AI chats and scripted AI chats to get an idea of whether a particular service is capable of meeting your clients’ queries.
- Keep the user personalization factor in mind: the chatbot should not send every customer the same responses.
- Choose a platform that offers chat analytics to help you track whether your visitors were satisfied using your chatbot service.
Now, without keeping you waiting any longer, let’s jump straight to our comparison and contrast of the three chatbot giants, Bing AI vs. Google Bard AI vs. ChatGPT.
What is Bing AI?
Microsoft’s Bing AI aims to provide users with the most relevant and popular search results from the web to offer them easy access to high-quality content created by top publishers. This way, users can get answers to what they are looking for and the information they need. Microsoft claims that its new Bing chatbot is designed to be more powerful than ChatGPT by powering the chatbot with a next-gen and advanced OpenAI model.
Coming to its features, Bing AI can –
- Accept up to 1,000 characters with its expanded search box.
- Provides enough room for complete sentences and natural language.
- Delivers a ‘chat answers’ box that appears once the user types in a prompt or question.
- Present a dedicated chatbot screen for better visibility and interactive experience. It appears after the user clicks on the Chat option from the menu.
- Microsoft has connected its new Edge browser directly to these chat interfaces for enhanced user experiences.
What is Google Bard AI?
Google Bard AI operates on a lightweight version of Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA) and has recently been rolled out to the public. Bard AI is a generative conversation service provider that is designed to work together with Search, thus providing premium-quality results and responses to visitors.
In a recent blog post, the brand’s CEO briefed about the developments the team has planned around Bard and mentioned how it could improve the quality of responses of Google. The blog post also highlighted the role LaMDA played in creating and developing Bard AI. Currently, the world’s leading search engine’s chatbot service is available in a closed beta version.
Moreover, Bard AI can –
- Collect information from the web and the visitors’ responses.
- Showcase the robust combination of intelligence, power, and creativity.
- Use LaMDA’s lite model version for initial testing before launching it as a fully-featured version.
- Respond to questions and texts in smooth conversational formats.
- Collect feedback for improving future AI systems and technologies.
- Provide easy-to-navigate sidebars that can scan different web pages and generate summaries based on users’ queries.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT, a type of GPT (Generated Pre-Trained Transformer), is an AI-based chatbot that can automatically generate human-written text unexpectedly and accurately. Developed by OpenAI, an AI research company based in San Francisco, ChatGPT is a complex ML (machine language) model that can carry out NLG operations with high accuracy levels and efficiency.
Chat GPT can –
- Provide accurate answers to users’ queries.
- Produce human-like chatbot answers.
- Generate computer code that simulated human communications.
- Complete a given phrase or text.
- Write high-quality content (both fictional and non-fictional) from prompts.
- Perform calculations and estimations.
- Translate text from between different languages.
- Summarize a given text and analyze customers’ text sentiments.
- Classifying and subgrouping different texts or search queries into different categories.
- Respond to visitor inputs in a conversational and friendly manner.
ChatGPT took center stage in recent years for its high-quality AI-generated text and content generation. Besides, Chat GPT uses generative AI technology that automatically creates relevant content according to the users’ queries by using intelligent data from machine learning models.
Many businesses actually thought of integrating AI chatbots into their eCommerce websites after OpenAI launched ChatGPT. Businesses realized the need to generate automatic answers to their visitors’ queries to address their issues instantly and save their crucial resources.
Which One Should I Choose?
In the never-ending war of Bing AI vs. Google Bard AI vs. ChatGPT, the latter is a clear winner in multiple parameters, the most important being its ability to generate human-like content, thus simulating actual communications. In fact, we can say, ChatGPT is the foundation for all other chatbots and hence, ensures high-quality responses to users.
However, we cannot neglect the potential of the other two. Both Bing AI and Google Bard utilize ‘large language models”, which are deep learning algorithms and neural networks. These networks are trained based on large quantities of data to enhance the automatic generation of conversational responses to prompts. However, currently, Google’s Bard integration into Search needs more work as it is less prominent right now.
Suppose ultra-personalized responses and accurate text generation are not your focus area, and you are simply willing to address the general queries of your customers. In that case, you can go for Bing AI or Google Bard. Moreover, both Google’s and Microsoft’s chatbots are still in the initial testing stage, so stay tuned to receive further updates and announcements from them.
So, at the end of the day, you are the best judge to decide which one would work the best for your online business and which of the three should fill up your digital marketing gaps and loopholes (if any). Check which of the above is capable of addressing your users’ needs and queries by generating human-like conversations and offering personalized solutions. You also need to decide whether it is Bing AI, Google Bard AI, or ChatGPT that is going in tandem with your business goals and digital marketing strategies.
To conclude, after coming to a concrete decision, it would be wise to jump right in, as chatbots can be a game-changer for your eCommerce portal. In the upcoming years, you can see positive outcomes in terms of higher website traffic, conversions, customer satisfaction rates, and revenue. Feel free to reach out to us for further assistance regarding the right chatbot integration processes! We wish you the best in your digital marketing decisions and efforts.